- ABS Brakes (4-Wheel)
- Air Conditioning - Air Filtration
- Air Conditioning - Front
- Air Conditioning - Front - Single Zone
- Airbags - Front - Dual
- Airbags - Front - Side Curtain
- Airbags - Passenger - Occupant Sensing Deactivation
- Airbags - Rear - Side Curtain
- Traction Control
- Audio Auxiliary Input: Jack
- Child Safety Locks
- Child Seat Anchors LATCH System
- Daytime Running Lights
- Security Theft-Deterrent System
- Steering Wheel Tilt-Adjustable
- Windows Front Wipers: Speed Sensitive
- 2-stage Unlocking
- Cruise Control
- Driver Seat Power Adjustments: 8
- Exterior Mirrors Power
- Front Seatbelts: 3-Point
- One-Touch Windows: 1
- Seatbelts Rear Center Seatbelt: 3-Point
- Seatbelts Seatbelt Pretensioners: Front
- Stability Control
- Steering Wheel Mounted Controls Cruise Controls
- Suspension Stabilizer Bar(s): Front
- Adjustable Rear Headrests
- Audio - Antenna: Mast
- Center Console
- Doors Liftgate Window: Fixed
- Driver Information System
- Driver Seat Adjustable Lumbar Support: Power
- Driver Seat Manual Adjustments: Recline
- External Temperature Display
- Floor Material Carpet
- Front And Rear Power Outlet(s)
- Front Headrests Adjustable
- Front Suspension Classification: Independent
- Front Suspension Type: Macpherson Struts
- Inside Rearview Mirror Manual Day/Night
- Mirror Color Body-Color
- Number Of Front Headrests 2
- Number Of Rear Headrests 2
- Passenger Seat Folds Flat
- Passenger Seat Manual Adjustments: 4
- Passenger Seat Manual Adjustments: Recline
- Power Brakes
- Power Door Locks
- Power Steering Speed-Proportional
- Power Windows
- Rear Seats 60-40 Split Bench
- Rear Seats Folding
- Seats Front Seat Type: Bucket
- Touring Suspension
- Warnings And Reminders Lamp Failure Low Fuel Engine Oil Coolant
- Windows Front Wipers: Variable Intermittent
- Windows Privacy Glass
- Windows Rear Defogger
- Windows Rear Wiper
- Windows Tinted
Chevrolet's HHR debuted in 2006 to much enthusiasm, selling over 100,000 units in its first year. The attention-grabbing style continues in 2011, featuring a big chrome grille and a long, smoothly curved hood reminiscent of Chevy's 1949 Suburban. The rear tailgate is framed by two small, round taillights, making the HHR one of the most unique looking vehicle in Chevrolet's lineup.
The HHR's front wheel drive platform is borrowed from the Chevy Cobalt, yet is aimed at those looking for more style and greater cargo room than the Cobalt provides.
The base LS and the 1LT come with a 2.2L inline 4-cylinder engine making 155 horsepower and 150 pound-feet of torque. The 2LT upgrade comes with a 2.4L 4-cylinder engine, which makes 172 horsepower and 167 pound-feet of torque. The standard 5-speed manual transmission can be upgraded to a 4-speed automatic on all trims.
The base LS comes with standard 16-inch wheels and many common standard features, such as cruise control, air conditioning, power doors and windows. Floor mats, luggage rack, MP3 player and remote engine start are some of the options available on the base LS.
The LT trim adds a power driver's seat and cargo net over the LS. Available options for the LT include steering wheel controls, a leather wrapped steering wheel, leather seats, heated front seats and power lumbar support.
The 2LT trim, which increases the price by about $1,700, adds a sport-tuned suspension, 17-inch alloy wheels, fog lights, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, premium sound system, fog lamps, steering wheel controls, wireless cell phone hookup and chrome 17-inch wheels.
Standard safety features on all HHRs include StabiliTrak stability control, 4-wheel ABS, a full array of airbags front and back and a tire pressure monitoring system.
Upgraded wheels, audio systems and a variety of comfort and luxury features are available across the model range, allowing buyers to choose their level of customization. Running boards are standard on the 2LT, optional on 1LT and LS. A sliding sunroof/moonroof is optional on LTs.
For 2011, the HHR sees few changes. The SS turbocharged model is discontinued, as is the LT panel model. Black, Aqua Blue, and several accent stripes are no longer available, as are Cashmere cloth interior trim and Cashmere leather interior trim. Black Granite Metallic is a new extra-cost color and Mocha Steel Metallic is also now available.