- ABS Brakes (4-Wheel)
- Air Conditioning - Front
- Air Conditioning - Front - Single Zone
- Airbags - Front - Dual
- Airbags - Passenger - Occupant Sensing Deactivation
- Drivetrain 4WD Type: Part Time
- Traction Control
- Audio Auxiliary Input: Jack
- Audio Auxiliary Input: USB
- Child Safety Locks
- Child Seat Anchors LATCH System
- Roll Stability Control
- Security Anti-Theft Alarm System
- Security Engine Immobilizer
- Skid Plate(s)
- Steering Wheel Tilt-Adjustable
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution
- Hill Ascent Assist
- Seatbelts Rear Center Seatbelt: 3-Point
- Seatbelts Seatbelt Force Limiters: Driver Only
- Stability Control
- Steering Wheel Mounted Controls Audio
- Suspension Stabilizer Bar(s): Front
- Towing And Hauling Cargo Tie Downs
- Towing And Hauling Tow Hooks: Front
- Towing And Hauling Tow Hooks: Rear
- Audio - Antenna: Mast
- Braking Assist
- Center Console Front Console With Storage
- Driver Seat Active Head Restraint
- Driver Seat Manual Adjustments: 4
- Driver Seat Manual Adjustments: Recline
- Drivetrain Transfer Case: Manual Hi-Lo Gear Selection
- Exterior Mirrors Manual Folding
- External Temperature Display
- Floor Mat Material Carpet
- Floor Material Carpet
- Front Fog Lights
- Front Suspension Classification: Solid Axle
- Front Suspension Type: Multi-Link
- Headlights Halogen
- Number Of Front Headrests 2
- Number Of Rear Headrests 2
- Passenger Seat Manual Adjustments: 4
- Passenger Seat Manual Adjustments: Recline
- Power Outlet(s) 12V
- Power Steering
- Reading Lights Front
- Reading Lights Rear
- Rear Seats 60-40 Split Bench
- Rear Seats Folding
- Seats Front Seat Type: Bucket
- Vanity Mirrors Dual
- Warnings And Reminders Lamp Failure Low Fuel Engine Oil Coolant
- Windows Front Wipers: Variable Intermittent
- Windows Lockout Button
- Windows Tinted Front Driver And Passenger
- Windows Tinted Windshield
The Wrangler and its 4-door sibling, the Wrangler Unlimited, come in four trim levels for 2012, and they all have the new 3.6L V6 engine. The new engine makes 202 hp at 5200 rpm and 237 lb-ft of torque. All Wrangler models have a 6-speed manual transmission as standard equipment, and a 5-speed automatic as optional.
All Wrangler models also come with electronic stability control, a full-size spare tire, and shift-on-the-fly 4-wheel drive; the Sahara and Rubicon models add traction control. All models also share new Dana solid front axles and heavy-duty rear axles.
Every 2012 Wrangler's interior features cloth-wrapped bucket seats with driver height-adjustment, a tilt-adjustable steering wheel, temperature and compass gauge, cruise control and an anti-theft engine immobilizer.
The next step up, the Sahara trim receives heated power mirrors, power windows and remote keyless entry. The suspension is a heavy-duty type and the wheels are 18-inch aluminum. A standard 3-piece hard top is also included that comes with a rear wiper, defroster and tinted windows.
The Arctic Wrangler gets performance suspension, 17-inch semi-gloss aluminum wheels, a 3-piece body-colored hard top, fender flares, side steps, deep-tinted windows and a chrome and leather-wrapped shift knob.
The Rubicon is the Wrangler's factory off-road model. Mechanically, the Rubicon is fitted with Tru-Lok front and rear axles, Dana heavy-duty axles, an electronic sway bar disconnect and 4:1 Rock-Trac 4-wheel drive system. Inside and out, the Rubicon is fairly subdued, and the interior is intended to be more functional than luxurious, with cloth seat trim and a basic AM/FM/CD stereo.
The options list however, is broad enough to configure Wranglers any way the buyer wants, ranging from a 30GB media center stereo that includes a 6.5-inch touch screen, navigation and a USB port, Katzkin 2-tone leather seats, remote start and a trailering upgrade package.
The 2012 Wrangler continues to maintain its iconic look ?one that has stayed mostly unchanged for decades now. Under the hood, however, a new 3.6L V6 debuts. The Wrangler's still available with a 6-speed manual or 5-speed automatic transmission. A few new colors are now available, including Black Forest Green, Deep Cherry Red and "Dozer" orange.