- Airbags - Front - Dual
- Airbags - Front - Side
- Airbags - Front - Side Curtain
- Airbags - Passenger - Occupant Sensing Deactivation
- Airbags - Rear - Side Curtain
- Audio Auxiliary Input: Jack
- Child Safety Locks
- Child Seat Anchors LATCH System
- Crumple Zones Front
- Crumple Zones Rear
- Headlights Auto Off
- Seatbelts Rear Center Seatbelt: 3-Point
- Seatbelts Seatbelt Force Limiters: Front
- Seatbelts Seatbelt Pretensioners: Front
- Suspension Stabilizer Bar(s): Front
- Suspension Stabilizer Bar(s): Rear
- Adjustable Rear Headrests
- Audio - Antenna: Mast
- Body Side Moldings Body-Color
- Body Side Reinforcements Side Impact Door Beams
- Cargo Area Light
- Center Console Front Console With Storage
- Driver Seat Manual Adjustments: 6
- Emergency Interior Trunk Release
- Front 12V Power Outlet(s)
- Front Headrests Adjustable
- Front Suspension Classification: Independent
- Front Suspension Type: Macpherson Struts
- Mirror Color Body-Color
- Number Of Front Headrests 2
- Number Of Rear Headrests 2
- Passenger Seat Manual Adjustments: 4
- Power Steering Speed-Proportional
- Rear Seats 60-40 Split Bench
- Rear Seats Split Folding
- Seats Front Seat Type: Bucket
- Vanity Mirrors Dual
- Warnings And Reminders Low Fuel Level
- Windows Front Wipers: Variable Intermittent
- Windows Rear Defogger
- Windows Tinted Windshield
The 2009 Kia Spectra has a starting base price of $13,200. The Spectra5, the hatch version, has a starting price of $16,345.
All 2009 Kia Spectra models are powered by a 138-horsepower 2.0L DOHC 4-cylinder engine, and available with either a 5-speed manual gearbox or 4-speed automatic. With the manual transmission, the Spectra gets an EPA fuel economy rating of 23 mpg city, 30 mpg highway. When equipped with a 4-speed automatic transmission the Spectra gets an EPA economy rating of 24 mpg city, 32 mpg highway
Both the sedan and hatchback have a very roomy interior with more passenger volume than most other small sedans its size, but the Spectra5 boasts additional passenger and cargo versatility. With its 60/40-split back seat folded forward, the Spectra5's storage capacity can be expanded to 52.8 cubic feet.
The Spectra and Spectra5 come with front seat-mounted side air bags and full-length side curtain air bags. Four-wheel disc brakes are standard across the model line, and anti-lock brakes are optional. Spectra also have a 4-wheel independent suspension, with MacPherson struts in front and a dual-link arrangement in back, providing a balance between ride comfort and responsiveness. Road noise is also well isolated--more so than most other small cars.
The base LX model comes with a 6-way-adjustable driver's seat, tilt steering column, a rear defroster, and dual 12-volt power outlets. EX and SX models come better equipped, with popular equipment such as remote keyless entry, air conditioning, and power windows and locks.
The top SX sedan model--along with the Spectra5 hatchback, which is only available in SX trim--adds a sportier character, including a sport-tuned suspension and front strut-tower bar for more responsive handling. SX models get 16-inch alloy wheels, sport-cloth seats with matching door panel inserts, metal-finish trim, metal sport pedals and a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob.
As with other Kia models, the Spectra is backed by generous warranty coverage. A 5 year or 60,000 mile limited warranty covers the entire vehicle, then 10 years or 100,000 miles for powertrain. Five years of 60,000 miles of roadside assistance are also included.
The 2009 Kia Spectra model line now has a wider option lineup that includes sunroof, anti lock brakes, and satellite radio. Otherwise, the car is carried over to 2009 with no significant changes.