- Crumple Zones Front
- Crumple Zones Rear
- ABS Brakes (4-Wheel)
- Air Conditioning - Air Filtration
- Air Conditioning - Front
- Air Conditioning - Front - Single Zone
- Airbags - Front - Dual
- Airbags - Front - Side
- Airbags - Front - Side Curtain
- Airbags - Passenger - Occupant Sensing Deactivation
- Airbags - Rear - Side Curtain
- Audio Auxiliary Input: MP3
- Child Safety Locks
- Child Seat Anchors
- Daytime Running Lights
- Security Engine Immobilizer
- Security Theft-Deterrent System
- Steering Wheel Tilt-Adjustable
- 2-stage Unlocking
- Cruise Control
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution
- Exterior Mirrors Power
- One-Touch Windows: 1
- Seatbelts Rear Center Seatbelt: 3-Point
- Seatbelts Seatbelt Force Limiters: Front
- Seatbelts Seatbelt Pretensioners: Front
- Steering Wheel Mounted Controls Audio
- Steering Wheel Mounted Controls Cruise Controls
- Suspension Stabilizer Bar(s): Front
- Trip Computer
- Adjustable Rear Headrests
- Audio - Antenna: Mast
- Body Side Reinforcements Side Impact Door Beams
- Cargo Area Light
- Center Console Front Console With Storage
- Driver Seat Active Head Restraint
- Driver Seat Manual Adjustments: 6
- Emergency Interior Trunk Release
- External Temperature Display
- Front 12V Power Outlet(s)
- Front Headrests Adjustable
- Front Suspension Classification: Independent
- Front Suspension Type: Macpherson Struts
- Mirror Color Body-Color
- Number Of Front Headrests 2
- Number Of Rear Headrests 2
- Passenger Seat Manual Adjustments: 4
- Power Door Locks
- Power Steering
- Power Windows
- Power Windows: With Safety Reverse
- Reading Lights Front
- Rear Bumper Color Body-Color
- Rear Seats 60-40 Split Bench
- Rear Seats Center Armrest: Folding With Storage And Pass-Thru
- Rear Seats Flat Folding
- Rear Seats Rear Heat: Vents
- Seats Front Seat Type: Bucket
- Vanity Mirrors Dual
- Warnings And Reminders Low Fuel Level
- Windows Front Wipers: Intermittent
- Windows Rear Defogger
The 2008 Nissan Sentra is available in three models: a bargain-priced base 2.0 model, a better-equipped 2.0S, and the more luxurious 2.0SL. The base model includes standard power door locks and windows, air conditioning, and a CD sound system. S models step up to power mirrors, keyless entry, a sound-system upgrade, fog lights, cruise control, and anti-lock brakes with electronic brakeforce distribution, while top SL models include 16-inch aluminum alloy wheels, an Intelligent Key system, and a leather-trimmed steering wheel. The CVT automatic is standard on the SL.
These Sentra models get a 2.0L aluminum four-cylinder engine that makes 140 horsepower and 147 lb-ft of torque. The base 2.0 and the uplevel 2.0SL are equipped solely with Nissan's Xtronic CVT automatic transmission. The CVT system offers improved acceleration versus a standard automatic transmission, and returns better fuel economy ratings than the manual transmission. A six-speed manual is offered on the 2.0S.
The sportier SE-R model gets a larger, 2.5L four-cylinder engine that makes 177 horsepower and is mated to the CVT. It comes with steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters to provide more control during spirited driving. At the top of the range is the high-performance SE-R Spec V model, which gives the engine 200 horsepower and 180 lb-ft of torque, and matches it to the six-speed manual transmission. A helical limited-slip differential is available on Spec V models.
In addition to the aforementioned upgrades, both SE-R models add standard 17-inch alloy wheels, four-wheel disc brakes, and various performance cues inside and out. SE-Rs come with special sport bucket front seats, while Spec V models add red seatbelts, aluminum pads, more leather trim, and an extra gauge cluster.
The Sentra's interior is terrifically practical. For starters, the center console has multiple storage bins. There is also an overhead, integrated compact disc holder built into the sun visor, and the glovebox is designed to fit a large notebook or map book. The Divide-N-Hide trunk system, optional on the 2.0SL, gives a false floor to the trunk and provides a private storage area beneath.
The Sentra has more optional premium equipment available than ever before. Some of the new options include leather seating, a Bluetooth hand-free system, and a Rockford Fosgate audio system with eight speakers, an eight-channel amplifier, and a six-disc CD changer.
Nissan protects the Sentra's occupants with standard front seat-mounted air bags as well as roof-mounted side-impact curtain bags. Active head restraints are also standard on the front bucket seats.
The Nissan Sentra, completely new for 2007, enters 2008 with a longer list of standard equipment. The 2.0S model now includes anti-lock brakes with electronic brakeforce distribution, a security system, front fog lights, and cruise control. The 2.0SL enjoys the addition of standard XM satellite radio, while Sirius is no longer an available alternative.
The manual six-speed transmission has been discontinued on the base sedan, which makes the CVT the entry-level shifter. The 2.0S's Convenience Package sees the addition of remote keyless entry, and the Divide-N-Hide trunk system moves from the standards column to the options column on this trim.