- Crumple Zones Front
- Crumple Zones Rear
- Stability Control
- Power Brakes
- Power Door Locks
- Power Windows
- Cruise Control
- Front Bucket Seats
- Reclining Seats
- Deluxe Wheel Covers
- Cloth Upholstery
- ABS Brakes (4-Wheel)
- Air Conditioning - Front
- Air Conditioning - Front - Single Zone
- Airbags - Front - Dual
- Airbags - Front - Side
- Airbags - Front - Side Curtain
- Airbags - Passenger - Occupant Sensing Deactivation
- Airbags - Rear - Side Curtain
- Traction Control
- Audio Auxiliary Input: Jack
- Child Safety Locks
- Child Seat Anchors LATCH System
- Steering Wheel Tilt-Adjustable
- 2-stage Unlocking
- Cruise Control
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution
- Exterior Mirrors Power
- Front Seatbelts: 3-Point
- Fuel Economy Display MPG
- One-Touch Windows: 1
- Seatbelts Emergency Locking Retractors: Front
- Seatbelts Emergency Locking Retractors: Front And Rear
- Seatbelts Seatbelt Force Limiters: Front
- Seatbelts Seatbelt Pretensioners: Front
- Seatbelts Second Row 3-Point
- Steering Wheel Mounted Controls Cruise Controls
- Trip Computer
- Adjustable Rear Headrests
- Audio - Antenna: Mast
- Body Side Reinforcements Side Impact Door Beams
- Braking Assist
- Cargo Area Light
- Center Console Front Console With Storage
- Driver Seat Active Head Restraint
- Driver Seat Manual Adjustments: 6
- Emergency Interior Trunk Release
- Floor Material Carpet
- Front 12V Power Outlet(s)
- Front Headrests Adjustable
- Front Suspension Classification: Independent
- Front Suspension Type: Macpherson Struts
- Fuel Economy Display Range
- Mirror Color Body-Color
- Number Of Front Headrests 2
- Number Of Rear Headrests 2
- Passenger Seat Manual Adjustments: 4
- Power Door Locks
- Power Steering Speed-Proportional
- Power Windows: With Safety Reverse
- Rear Bumper Color Body-Color
- Rear Seats Bench
- Seats Front Seat Type: Bucket
- Tail And Brake Lights Rear Center Brakelight
- Warnings And Reminders Lamp Failure Low Fuel Engine Oil Coolant
- Windows Front Wipers: Intermittent
- Windows Lockout Button
- Windows Rear Defogger
- Multi-function Remote Keyless Entry With Panic Alarm
- Multi-function Remote Trunk Release
- Multi-function Remote Keyless Entry
- Energy Absorbing Steering Column
- Seats Cloth Upholstery
- Suspension Rear Gas Shock Absorbers
- Suspension Rear Coil Springs
- Suspension Front Spring Type: Coil Springs
- Suspension Front Arm Type: Lower Control Arms
- Suspension Front Shock Type: Gas Shock Absorbers
- AM/FM RADIO
For 2012, Nissan has completely restyled its Versa sedan. Three trim levels are offered: S, SV and SL. All are powered by a new 109-hp 1.6L 4-cylinder with continuously variable valve timing. In the S, a 5-speed manual transmission puts power to the front wheels, while SV and SL cars are equipped with Nissan's Xtronic continuously variable transmission. When so equipped, the Versa sedan delivers an EPA estimate 33 mpg combined fuel economy.
Even the S offers enough features to keep drivers and passengers comfortable. These include halogen headlights, air conditioning, an AM/FM/CD stereo with two auxiliary audio inputs, power steering, trip computer, tilt steering wheel and a 6-way adjustable driver's seat.
In the SV, buyers will find power mirrors, locks and windows, with driver's side 1-touch auto up/down, a tachometer and upgraded trip computer, a 4-speaker stereo, remote keyless entry, cruise control, premium cloth seating and various interior accents. Fifteen inch steel wheels are standard on the S and SV.
The SL gets 15-inch alloy wheels, fog lights, Bluetooth hands-free connectivity, variable-speed windshield wipers, passenger visor vanity mirror, a 60/40 split-folding rear seat, silver and chrome interior accents, a premium four-speaker stereo with MP3/WMA CD playback and iPod interface, speed-sensitive volume control and steering-wheel-mounted audio controls.
Packaged options for the Versa sedan included a Cruise Control Package for the S, a Convenience Package with Bluetooth and premium stereo for the SV and a Tech Package with navigation and XM satellite radio for the SL. Individual options are available across the model range and include things such as a rear spoiler, carpeted floor and trunk mats and special body and interior accents.
The Versa hatchback continues in 2012 in either S or SL trim, with power derived from a 122-hp 1.8L 4-cylinder. In the S, choose either a 6-speed manual or 4-speed automatic to put that power to the wheels, while Xtronic is the transmission of choice in the SL. The S offers a 4-speaker stereo, power mirrors, locks and windows, tilt steering, air conditioning, rear window wiper, suede/tricot cloth seating and a 60/40 split-folding rear seat. In the SL you'll find keyless entry, cruise control, auto-dimming rearview mirror, upgraded upholstery, special wood and aluminum inlays, a 6-speaker stereo, and steering wheel-mounted audio controls.
Like all Nissans, the Versa does not scrimp on safety, and in addition to six airbags, the car offers anti-lock braking with electronic brake distribution, traction control and stability control.
For 2012, the big news the Nissan Versa is a completely redesigned Versa sedan. The car comes with a bargain $10,990 base price, making it one of the most inexpensive cars available. The Versa is by no means cheap, however. Even in that base trim level, the Versa sedan comes with air conditioning, six airbags and a bevy of electronic safety features.
In keeping with the rest of the Nissan nomenclature, the Versa is offered in three trim levels: S, SV and SL. A 109-hp 1.6L 4-cylinder engine is standard on all models. It replaces the 1.8L found in previous models. In the S it is mated to a 5-speed manual, while the other trims get Nissan's Xtronic continuously variable transmission.
The new sedan offers surprisingly spacious passenger room, with a usable backseat for adults and the trunk is large enough to accept plenty of suitcases, golf clubs, groceries and more.
Fuel economy is rated at 27 mpg city/36 mpg highway with the manual transmission and 30 mpg city/38 mpg hwy with the CVT.
The Versa hatchback is largely unchanged for 2012, and is still powered by the 1.8L engine.