- Air Conditioning - Front
- Air Conditioning - Front - Single Zone
- Airbags - Front - Dual
- Airbags - Front - Side Curtain
- Airbags - Passenger - Occupant Sensing Deactivation
- Airbags - Rear - Side Curtain
- Child Seat Anchors
- Daytime Running Lights
- Security Engine Immobilizer
- Steering Wheel Tilt And Telescopic
- Windows Front Wipers: Speed Sensitive
- 2-stage Unlocking
- Cruise Control
- Driver Seat Power Adjustments: 4
- Exterior Mirrors Power
- Headlights Auto Delay Off
- Headlights Dusk Sensing
- One-Touch Windows: 1
- Seatbelts Rear Center Seatbelt: 3-Point
- Seatbelts Seatbelt Force Limiters: Front
- Seatbelts Seatbelt Pretensioners: Front
- Steering Wheel Mounted Controls Cruise Controls
- Suspension Stabilizer Bar(s): Front
- Suspension Stabilizer Bar(s): Rear
- Towing And Hauling Cargo Tie Downs
- Adjustable Rear Headrests
- Audio - Antenna: Element
- Center Console Front Console With Storage
- Driver Seat Adjustable Lumbar Support: Manual
- Driver Seat Power Adjustments: Recline
- Emergency Interior Trunk Release
- Front 12V Power Outlet(s)
- Front Headrests Adjustable
- Front Suspension Classification: Independent
- Front Suspension Type: Macpherson Struts
- Number Of Front Headrests 2
- Number Of Rear Headrests 2
- Passenger Seat Manual Adjustments: 4
- Passenger Seat Manual Adjustments: Recline
- Power Door Locks
- Power Steering Speed-Proportional
- Power Windows
- Reading Lights Front
- Rear Seats Bench
- Rear Seats Split Folding
- Seats Front Seat Type: Bucket
- Vanity Mirrors Dual
- Warnings And Reminders Low Fuel Level
- Windows Front Wipers: Intermittent
- Windows Rear Defogger
The Pontiac G6 attempts to offer a little something for everyone for 2007. The base sedan comes with GM's 2.4L four-cylinder and is mated to a four-speed automatic. Electric power steering is exclusive to the sedan.
The GT sedan includes a 224-horsepower 3.5L V6, sportier suspension, aluminum wheels, and exchanges the electric power steering for the hydraulic system, which offers better feedback and a more performance-oriented experience. Traction control, fog lamps, and a leather wrapped steering wheel, shifter and brake handle are also upgraded. The GTP sedan comes equipped similarly to the GTP coupe, with the addition of a rear spoiler. Anti-lock brakes are a $400 upgrade, and the option includes traction control.
Pontiac designed the base coupe to be sportier than the base sedan and convertible. It comes standard with the 3.5L V6 engine and a six-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode. The uplevel GTP trim includes a 3.6L 252-horsepower V6 engine, with a six-speed manual transmission optional. Dual chrome exhaust tips, 18-inch wheels, and StabiliTrak are standard. A power driver seat, climate control, and XM satellite radio round out the interior upgrades.
The base coupe starts at $22,150. The optional Sun and Sound Package, a $1,100 upgrade, includes a six-disc CD changer, power sunroof, and rear spoiler. On the GT or GTP, opt for the Premium Package and get leather heated seats, a remote vehicle starter, and XM satellite radio for $1,350. The Sport package includes the upgraded engine, StabiliTrak, 18-inch aluminum wheels, and a rear spoiler.
Finally, the G6 can be configured with as retractable hard top convertible. Based on the GT coupe, the convertible also offers the 3.5L, though it is matched to a four-speed automatic transmission. The leather-wrapped steering wheel, shifter and brake handle are standard. The convertible can be turned into a top performer with the optional LZ9 3.9L V6 engine. It produces 240 horsepower and is paired with a four-speed automatic transmission with revised ratios. Leather seats and 18-inch aluminum wheels are optional.
Redesigned in 2005, the G6 replaced the Grand Am as Pontiac's mid-size offering. It is again available as a coupe, convertible, and sedan. For 2007, the coupe receives a more powerful base V6 engine capable of 224 horsepower, up from 201 horsepower in 2006. A leather-wrapped steering wheel, shifter and brake handle are now standard on the coupe. The GTP's engine, no longer available on the convertible, also receives a slight boost in power.
The GTP engine is mated to a six-speed automatic rather than last-year's four-speed slushbox. Side curtain air bags are now standard on the coupe and sedan.